Research and Innovation (R&I) policy is more than ever charged with demonstrating societal impact. If the new impact agenda of R&I policy is taken seriously, than this has several implications for policy design, implementation and evaluation.
This largest European R&I policy evaluation conference is devoted to the challenge of generating, understanding and assessing societal impact through R&I policy. It discusses new rationales and new demands for R&I policy in service of society, reflects challenges in R&I policy-making triggered by these rationales and demands, and scrutinises what is expected and delivered from different policy intelligence approaches, in particular impact assessment and evaluation.
Key themes addressed by the conference are:
- 1) The nature of impact-oriented R&I policy
- 2) Design and implementation of impact-oriented R&I policies
- 3) Leading edge concepts, tools and methods to assess impact of R&I policy
- 4) Effects of and policy learning from impact evaluation
Themes 1 and 2 are about the new impact agenda in R&I policy and policy support. Themes 3 and 4 are about concepts and methods to assess and evaluate impact as well as learning from evidence.
CALL FOR PAPERS & POSTERS: https://www.impactevaluation.eu/call_for_papers/
Austrian Platform for Research and Technology Policy Evaluation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The conference is organised by:
- Austrian Platform for Research and Technology Policy Evaluation
- Austrian Federal Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology
- Manchester Institute of Innovation Research
- IFRIS – Institut Francilien Recherche, Innovation et Société, Paris