On 30 January 2018, the Henry van de Velde Awards were presented in BOZAR in Brussels. Ten outstanding designers, companies and design projects received this prestigious awards.
In the categories of the Special Awards with the Lifetime Achievement, Company and Young Talent Award the winners are Bart Lens, Verilin and Sep Verboom respectively. In the Design Solution Awards there are 6 projects that have received an award, in addition to the public prize. The 18 nominated entries are selected based on the 'good design' criteria and - for the first time - an international jury finally appointed the 6 winners:
- Henry van de Velde Communication Award: Promotion of the Museum Plantin-Moretus (Kastaar for the Museum Plantin-Moretus)
- Henry van de Velde Design-led Crafts Award: Tableskin (Lore Langendries for Verilin)
- Henry van de Velde Ecodesign Award by OVAM: Post-Couture Antwerp (Martijn van Strien for Post-Couture Collective)
- Henry van de Velde Efficiency Award: Dubio (Roel Vandebeek for Nelissen Steenfabrieken)
- Henry van de Velde Everyday Life Award: Stubs (Frank Ternier for Labt)
- Henry van de Velde Healthcare Award: Colli-Pee (Voxdale for Novosanis)
The free exhibition can be visited at BOZAR, the Center for Fine Arts in Brussels, until 15 April 2018.
Fore more information follow this link.