Human City Design Award 2019 – call for applications
** Extended Registration Deadline: Sunday 18th August **
HUMAN CITY DESIGN AWARD 2019 – Seoul Design Foundation in cooperation with Saint-Etienne and Nagoya UNESCO Cities of Design – deadline: 18th August 2019
This international Award is addressed to designers or groups that have contributed to building a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between men and their environment, tackling urban environmental issues and by presenting a new vision through creative design.
Theme: Design for Sustainable City for a harmonious relationship between human and the environment.
1. To establish a sustainable city ecosystem for a harmonious relationship between people and the environment through design
2. To discuss design as a creative solution of complex social problems in the city and expand design’s healing effects around the world
3. To make the design sector contribute to the development of mankind
Area: Projects that contribute to a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between people and people, people and society, people and the environment and people and nature.
Qualification: Individuals or organisations who have five or more years of experience in design-related field and providing a recommendation letter from nations, local city governments, design-related universities or design-related associations.
Selection: Grand Prize for One Winner [Human City Grand Prize]
Price money: (※ Except one winner, Benefits of award will be awarded to around 10 people who qualified at a 1st review)
Prize Money 100,000,000 won (KRW)
* Worth 85,000 USD (variable according to the rate of exchange)
Benefits of award
• Participation as a speaker at 2019 Seoul Design Week International Conference
• Support for exhibition at 2019 Seoul Design Week “Human City Design Award”
• Support for a visit to 2019 Seoul Design Week (airfare and lodging expenses)
Dates (Korean Standard Time)
• Official Announcement: 27 June 2019 (Thur.) – 06 August 2019 (Tue.)
• 1st Registration: 08 July 2019 (Mon.) – 06 August 2019 (Tue.)
• 1st Review: 07 August 2019 (Wed.) – 11 August 2019 (Sun.)
• 2nd Registration: 12 August 2019 (Mon.) – 16 August 2019 (Fri.)
• 2nd Review: 17 August 2019 (Sat.) – 21 August 2019 (Wed.)
• Final Review (including Site Verification) 22 August 2019 (Thur.) – 03 September 2019 (Tue.)
• Announcement of Winner: Early September 2019
This Award is inspired by the European project Human Cities_Challenging the City Scale, led by Cité du design Saint-Etienne with 11 European partners from 2014 to 2018. It is the continuity of the cooperation on this topic initiated in 2018 by Seoul, Saint-Etienne and Nagoya, UNESCO Cities of Design, for the creation of a Human City Design network in Asia.